Friday, July 22, 2005

Book Nerd


Yesterday I went to Book People to have some stuff signed by Garth Nix. I'm rather proud of my growing collection of signed books.

I've said both before that I am a book nerd, and I skip around in my hobbies. Since I have neither the tools, the money, or the frame needed to reupholstered a gorgeous antique style chair, I've gone full force into a reading frenzy. I've had no compulsion lately for computer games, video games, or art journaling. Unfortunately, with my schedule, I only manage one book a week, but at least I'm making progress on my to-read list.

I finished Harry Potter yesterday (and by the way, I was very pissed to find that the major one-line spoiler someone posted on a community was true,) and I'm already 50 pages into The Neverending Story. I've heard for ages that it was good, but what really made me want to get it was when I discovered that certain hardcover versions are printed in green and purple ink, just like the book within the Neverending Story is supposed to be. (Green narrates Fantastica, and purple the real world.)

5 comments:

bava said...

I loved the first four Harry Potter books, but the last two just haven't done it for me. I can just imagine what that spoiler was, too. I'd be pissed.

Plus, the books have gotten so dark, I'd be surprised if you can ever call them children's literature anymore.

Eve L said...

I'm surprised Phillip Pullman's 'His Dark Materials'" is in the children's section. In my eyes, the only qualification it might have is that the protagonist is a young girl. I thought it was rather philosophical. (I think you would like it.)

IagoAmistoso said...

have you met Garth Nix? O.O *-*
i can't belive.
so, i know that i'm not your friend, but i'd seachin' anything about him, and i found your blogger. do you meet him? are you him friend? o.o

Unknown said...

Do you know where one might acquire a copy of the Neverending Story like yours, printed in green and purple?

digitalrabbit said...

Yes I want to obtain a copy of the Neverending Story like yours printed in green and purple. I have been looking around for good copies.